A First Birthday Cake Smash
Can you believe how fast a year went by since your little one was born? Some days seemed to drag on (ok most of those sleepless nights right?!) but overall, you feel like you just blinked an eye and your baby is almost ONE! This is truly a milestone to celebrate and remember and what better way to do that than with an absolutely hilariously fun cake smash session!
Seriously y'all, this is one of our most fun sessions that we do. The cuteness overload is so much that we just can't stop taking photos! You might even want to invite your family and a few friends to join and just make it a party ;)
A custom cake smash session is just that, completely custom designed and executed. You send us ideas or if you'd like a few suggestions, we send you ideas and once we have agreed on a theme and design, we will order the cake, decorations, and have everything ready for you when you arrive for your session. All you need to do is show up with your little one and loved ones and be ready to have some fun!
Custom Design Cake Smash Session $295
- 1.5 hour studio session including individuals of the child, child with parents, child with siblings, family photo and cake smash
- custom cake from a local bakery*
- $100 credit towards the purchase of digital or print photos
*A simple naked cake is included in this package. For a different cake, the price is subject to change depending on style.
** If design decor exceeds the allotted package price, additional costs may be incurred. We will work with you on the design budget if it is more elaborate.
***$150 deposit due at the time of booking.
- Full-resolution digital downloads available at $45/image or $300 for a complete digital gallery download.
- Custom designed high quality album of your session photos-$150
- Prints and canvases or varying sizes available for purchase in online gallery.
All sitting fees, packages, and products are subject to a 7% IN sales tax. We are fully licensed, insured, and registered in IN. Travel fee applies for shoots beyond 20 miles of 47904. Prices subject to change.
Tips on Preparing for your Custom Cake Smash Session
1. For a happy baby, make sure to schedule your cake smash session right after baby's nap.
2. Have your baby try cake or sweet baked goods a few times before the cake smash session so that they will enjoy the smash.
3. If your little one has allergies, please tell us at the time of booking and we can special order the cake without the allergens.
4. Make it a party by bringing your own cake/cupcakes for after the smash!
5. A simple design is timeless and is often better because overly complicated and busy designs can detract from baby.
• • •
Cake Smash Q&A
1. How do we design the cake smash session?
We work with each and every family on their session design and details from the cake, to the outfits, props, backdrop, cake stand, cake topper and more. If you have an idea or something you have seen that you would like to try, send us a picture and we will determine if the design is possible and if it fits within the package price. If the design is more than the package price of $350, we will send you a quote for your approval. We will purchase the cake, decorations, and everything needed for the design and you are responsible for your child's outfit. The props and decorations that we purchase for the session will remain in the possession of our studio after the photoshoot.
2. Can I bring my own cake?
To keep with design continuity between our cake smash sessions, we ask that the cake is made by one of our preferred bakeries in town. If you would like to bring cake/cupcakes for your family to share after the session is finished, that is perfectly fine! We have a large table and chairs in our lounge area that you are free to use.
3. What if my baby won't smash or eat the cake during the photo session?
Babies who have not tried cake or sweets before the session are not typically going to enjoy trying the cake during the cake smash. We've had babies who have spit out the cake and started crying because of the sweet taste and strong flavor as compared to baby food. For this reason, we recommend that you have your little one try cake or cupcakes a few times before the session so that they are more acclimated to the taste.
4. What cake options are available for children with allergies?
We are more than happy to accommodate cake orders for children with allergies but must receive detailed notification of the specific allergies when booking the session. Through our local bakery partnerships, we can accommodate dairy, soy, and nut allergies and have vegan cake options as well.
5. Can we get photos with our baby before or after the smash?
We allow 30-45 minutes for photos with parents and siblings and 15-20 minutes for the cake smash. If you would like to invite grandparents or extended family to be in the photos, there will be an extra charge of $25 for additional photos.